Find a DUI Program Now!
CADTP Organizational Members
CADTP Organizational Members are DUI Programs licensed by the California Department of Health Care Services.
Visit the Certification Info & Application section for more information.
NEW PREREQUISITE FOR REGISTRANTS
Beginning march 1, 2014 all registrants will be required to attend a 9 hour orientation course prior to registering. This course will consist of 3 hours of AOD ethics, 3 hours of AOD confidentiality, and 3 hours of boundaries for substance abuse counselors. This orientation course will not count toward fulfillment of the minimum 155 hours of formal AOD education required for certification.
This course will only be accepted if attended through an approved institution or organization by CADTP, CAADE, CAARR, CAADAC or Breining to offer this specific orientation course. Currently approved courses may be found at one of these Certifying Organizations:
Code EC100 Ethics and Confidentiality
Code CH100 Confidentiality
Code PB100 Professional Boundaries
9-hr Basics Bundle
9.5 Hour Pre-Registration Oreintation Course - Distance Learning
No current online orientation courses listed
CADTP Alcohol/Other Drug Counselor (CAODC)
CADTP Alcohol/Other Drug Counselor - Advanced (CAODC-A)
CADTP Alcohol/Other Drug Counselor –Clinical Supervisor (CAODC-CS):
Reciprocity: CADTP will grant reciprocity to AOD counselors who meet specific criteria:
Visit the Certified AOD Counselor Page for information on how to become CADTP Certified
CADTP: The California Association of DUI Treatment Programs
- One of several AOD Counselor certifying bodies approved by the State of California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS)
- CADTP's CAODC certification program is accredited by ICE-NCCA (Institute for Credentialing Excellence - National Commission for Certifying Agencies).
- A comprehensive certifying organization certifying AOD counselors of various job types; DUI, In-patient, Out-patient, County contracted AOD services, etc
- Ease with scheduling availability for testing by liaison with exam agencies that offer multiple exam dates annually
- Low cost registration, certification, and re-certification.
Recently updated pages: