Find a DUI Program Now!
CADTP Organizational Members
CADTP Organizational Members are DUI Programs licensed by the California Department of Health Care Services.
Visit the Certification Info & Application section for more information.
What our members are saying about the Virtual Café conference calls:
Virtual café allowed me to collaborate with experienced professionals in the field that have navigated the challenges [that] our DUI Program needed support on. The collective wisdom of this group is priceless and I am also assured that as other issues present themselves I can reach for CADTP for guidance and suggestions! - Jaime Campos, Janus of Santa Cruz
For more info on the Café visit our events page.
CADTP Certification is called the CAODC, Certified Alcohol & Other Drug Counselor. The CAODC is accredited by NCCA and California DHCS and is valid in any AOD/SUD setting... CAODC counselors may work in Residential, Outpatient, Detox, or any other setting under DHCS SUD(Department of Health Care Services Substance Use Disorder Division).
Free reciprocity is back! CADTP is offering FREE reciprocity to California Certified Counselors. This offer does not apply to those who wish to transfer from another state.
PREREQUISITE FOR REGISTRANTS
As of March 1, 2014 all registrants are required to attend a 9 hour orientation course prior to registering. This course consists of 3 hours of AOD ethics, 3 hours of AOD confidentiality, and 3 hours of professional boundaries for substance abuse counselors. This orientation course will not count toward fulfillment of the minimum 155 hours of formal AOD education required for certification.
To meet this requirement, CADTP accepts:
CADTP is a member of the California Counselor Certification Organizations (CalCCO), a collaborative coalition. Learn more at CalCCO.org
CADTP Alcohol/Other Drug Counselor (CAODC)
CADTP Alcohol/Other Drug Counselor - Advanced (CAODC-A)
CADTP Alcohol/Other Drug Counselor –Clinical Supervisor (CAODC-CS):
Reciprocity: CADTP will grant reciprocity to AOD counselors who meet specific criteria:
Visit the Certified AOD Counselor Page for information on how to become CADTP Certified
CADTP: The California Association of DUI Treatment Programs
- One of several AOD Counselor certifying bodies approved by the State of California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS)
- CADTP's CAODC certification program is accredited by ICE-NCCA (Institute for Credentialing Excellence - National Commission for Certifying Agencies).
- A comprehensive certifying organization certifying AOD counselors of various job types; DUI, In-patient, Out-patient, County contracted AOD services, etc
- Ease with scheduling availability for testing by computer with exam an agency that offers exam dates throughout the year.
- Low cost registration, certification, and re-certification.